Elementary, middle, and high schools hosting Accreditation Teams in the year 2020 and beyond
The NEASC Committee on Public Elementary, Middle, and High Schools — a merger of the former Committee on Public Secondary Schools (CPSS) and Committee on Public Elementary and Middle Schools (CPEMS) — engaged for several years in a purposeful reflection on the value of Accreditation and re-designed the K-12 Public School Accreditation process to better meet the changing needs of member schools. The resulting process, "A Vision for Learning", responds to concerns and suggestions made by member schools by reducing the time required to complete the Accreditation process and by allowing schools to align the process to existing school improvement efforts.
The key components of the process are:
- a Self-Reflection completed by the school
- a Collaborative Conference held with a small team of peer educators
- the development and implementation of a school growth plan
- a reflective summary report completed by the school
- a personalized Decennial Accreditation visit